Flourless Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon organic baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic semisweet chocolate morsels
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chocolate morsels.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.
*For a crispier cookie flatten with the back of a fork. For a soft, fluffy cookie do not flatten.
**Other types of nut butters or sweeteners would work fine in this recipe as well as carob or grain sweetened chocolate morsels.