Friday, January 28, 2011

Project 365: {28/365}


This is my go to/no fail beverage. It is pretty much a no calorie Arnold Palmer {half tea/half lemonade}. I discovered this tea last summer and fell in love. It is an all fruit tea {I don't do caffeine} with stevia leaves added to the tea bag. 


I usually make a strong sun tea and keep in the refrigerator. To make a glass I put a few tablespoons of lemon juice to about a half a cup of tea. I fill the glass the rest of the way with water and if it needs a little sweetener I will add a few extra drops of the Sweet Leaf stevia.  You can make it weaker or stronger depending on your taste.


For those of you that don't know, stevia is not an artificial sweetener and it will not cause fluctuations in your blood sugar. It is a plant you can grow in your garden to use the leaves to sweeten tea or other beverages. It is very potent so a few drops of the liquid stevia goes a long way {as does the powdered}. If you use too much it can have a slight licorice taste. 


I often use just the lemon juice and a few drops of stevia to help me with my water consumption. It tricks my brain into thinking I'm drinking lemonade. Obviously, you can use any tea when making this but I have found this to be my favorite combination. I promise it will satisfy a sweet tooth and quench your thirst. :) Enjoy!

1 comment: