Sunday, January 23, 2011

Project 365: {23/365}


Today I finished making some baby legs. I guess I don't really "make" them but at least I feel frugal and crafty for a minute. Not only are they great for crawling babies but perfect for the kind of weather we are experiencing. I use them often as arm warmers so they can be pulled off/put on as it warms up/cools down. They take up hardly any room in a diaper bag and are really cute!




I purchase most of the socks I find at Target on clearance. {Women's thigh high socks are better to use for older girls.} They mark them down to like a dollar a piece at the end of each season. All you do is cut them straight across at the heel. You can surge or zig zag stitch the unfinished edge but it won't fray in the wash if you leave it the way it is. 


I get asked often where I buy Meirabel's clothes or get complimented on how I dress her. Fashion tip: Stick with solid colored clothing that can travel season to season and add flare with inexpensive touches like baby legs! {Thanks to my crafty sister for teaching me how to do this.}

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I just bought a pair of knee highs today at Target to make into arm warmers for Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The print on the left would be so cute on a boy as well as the argyle pair I bought. I'll pick the thigh high socks up when I come across them for Brooklyn. {They are harder to find.} She would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the little shot of her legs on the counter!! this is such a great project! i did something similar for my little lady. I took a couple of her old sweaters that she outgrew, cut the sleeves off and then laced ribbon through them! so cute on her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do this! Thanks for the "how-to"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! I've been wanting to buy some leggings for Sam but how much more meaningful (and inexpensive) would it be or me to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete