Thursday, February 3, 2011

Project 365: {33/365}


It's true. I held her a little closer as she fell asleep tonight. This evening was one of those reality check moments. 


Mimi's daddy came to visit so I passed her to him so I could finish dinner. As I was taking her dinner out to the playroom I looked up hoping to catch a glimpse of the sherbet colored sunset from the front window. Something else caught my eye, flames. I had to do a triple-take to make sure I was seeing right. Sure enough, the hedge that borders the front of the property and the trunk of the huge pine tree were on fire. I rushed to the playroom and all I could say was, "Michael, fire." We both rushed outside and quickly worked to put the fire out. Crisis averted, Michael saved the day.


I hate to think what 5 minutes more would have looked like. Even in the couple minutes that lapsed between me spotting the fire and it being put out it had flared and taken off. The dry pine needles on the ground and the sap from the tree were perfect fuel. Thank you Jesus it played out as it did. There is no way I could have put that fire out on my own had it happened during another part of the day.



Forty-five minutes prior to the fire we were out playing with sidewalk chalk and Mimi was "chatting" with the neighbors. 






A little taste of the chalk is always necessary. :) 


All in all, it was another beautiful day of sunshine. I made Pasta alla Vodka for dinner and a frittata and cookies for tomorrow morning's ya-ya breakfast. Yay for ya-ya time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Post a pic of the fire. What the heck! Is mom heart broken? You know...this is the type of stuff you are supposed to call and tell me about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just glad that you guys are okay and that Michael was there to help!

    ReplyDelete